EQTEC’s multi-revenue stream model is founded upon the roll-out of Energy from Waste power generation sites, utilising EQTEC’s established and reliable proprietary gasification technology to eliminate the waste and recover the energy.
Revenues are generated from some or all of the following:
- Sales of equipment and services directly to plant owners.
- Sale of services and equipment to plant owners within an EPC contractor offering.
- Securing regular annual income from Operating & Maintenance (O&M) Services to plant owners.
- Securing fee income from technology licensing in certain markets.
- Securing regular income streams from acquiring ownership positions in appropriate waste to energy plants where gasification plays a key role.
Where opportunities to build, own and operate waste to energy facilities arise revenue streams will also include:
- Project revenues including gate fees received for accepting waste, and income from the sale of electricity and heat.
- Equity dividends (generally post amortization of project debt).
- SPV management services.
- Financing arrangement fees and margin/ royalty.
The Business Model is supported by the fact that globally the amount of waste generated is expected to double between 2013 and 20251 whilst the world’s need for electricity will increase demand by over 70% by 20402. This will help drive huge growth in the Waste to Energy market with market size expected to reach $35.5bn by 20243. EQTEC brings a solution combining both waste elimination and energy recovery.
1 World Bank Group: What a Waste – A Global Review of Solid Waste Management, March 2012
2 International Energy Agency: World energy outlook 2015 – factsheet – global energy trends to 2040, 2015
3 Global Market Insights Inc, Waste to Energy Market Size – Global WTE Industry Share Report 2024, May 2016